I love Harry Potter. I mean, I LOVE it. I like to say I am passionate about Potter, but my husband would probably say “obsessed” would be a better term. Several years ago, while anxiously awaiting the release of book seven, I was listening to an episode of PotterCast. One of the hosts, Melissa Anelli, gave out her Famous Guacamole recipe. I copied it down and it has been a love affair ever since.
I have made some modifications per my taste. So here is Melissa’s original recipe with my recommendations.
- 2 Ripe Avocados, mashed(don’t puree)
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced small
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, fresh chopped [I use MUCH more cilantro than this, I say add to taste.]
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice [again to taste, I like more, I use juice from a whole lime]
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (This is Melissa’s secret ingredient. She recommends Mediterranean sea salt from Coastal Goods. I use Mediterranean sea salt from my local grocery store and so far, so good.)
- 1/2 Ripe Tomato, cored, dice the outside [I use a whole tomato]
Mix all but tomato together. Add tomato last. Enjoy!
One note on this, Melissa calls for mashed avocado. My aunt (Susie) makes a similar recipe, but she cubes her avocado instead. Equally delicious.