Another one from my friend Kelly. Great as an appetizer or a side. Original recipe posted with notes on Kelly’s changes to the recipe in ().
- 10 Roma Tomatoes (10 large or 14 small)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Kelly uses 10)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Basil (Kelly uses whole pack from store)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil (1/3 cup, then drizzle more after mixed, plus some for bread)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese to sprinkle
- 2 Loaves French Baguette
Chop tomatoes into small pieces. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
Slice bread, toast each side under broiler in oven. (Watch so they don’t burn) Brush with olive oil after toasting. Top with tomato mixture, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.