I love this recipe. We started making it last summer, and we ate it a lot! I scoured the internet for a fajita recipe that sounded good; I ended up combining a few together to get this one. The trick to this dish is getting everything to finish up at the same time. If the chicken or veggies are done much earlier than the other, wrap in aluminum foil to keep warm. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), divided
- ¼ cup tequila
- Worcestershire Sauce, a few shakes (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 – 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash hot sauce
- 1 ½ pounds of chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas (Or make your own!)
- 1 lime (juice)
- Sour cream
- Salsa (Try Kelly’s Salsa or Fresh Salsa)
- Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
In a heavy-duty, resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons of EVOO, tequila, Worcestershire, lime juice, garlic, cumin, onion powder, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and chicken breasts. Seal and then work the ingredients through to coat the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator, at least 30 minutes.
Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm them in the oven for 15 minutes, at 350°.
Grill chicken until cooked through on the grill (medium-high heat, about 5 minutes per side). Slice chicken into strips.
While chicken cooks, heat up remaining EVOO (2 tablespoons) and cook the onions and bell peppers until crisp-tender with some salt and pepper.
Top tortillas with chicken strips and veggies; add toppings as desired.