Reblogging so I don’t forget to try this wild rice! Looks great.
One of those weeks…but I promised to post a new recipe, so here it is:
Wild Rice For Company – Summertime
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion, minced
- 2 ribs Celery, sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 3 cups Wild Rice Mix (I use H.T. Traders from Harris Teeter Food Store)
- 1 quart organic Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon T’s House Seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried Cranberries or White Raisins or chopped dried Apricots
- 2 Scallions, chopped, both white & green parts
- 3/4 cup toasted Walnuts, broken into smaller pieces
- 1 Yellow Squash, quartered, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Sauté onion & celery until translucent.
- Add garlic.
- Stir in rice to coat completely.
- Pour in broth & seasoning then bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover & reduce heat to Low.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat & set aside 5 minutes.
View original post 5 more words