Wow. It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. Over a year! The good news is, over the past year this blog has been great for me to easily find some of my favorite recipes. I’ve also found some new ones to add as well. While we have our favorites, we try to find new dishes, too.
Here’s an easy pasta to make that is also pretty kid friendly. (Okay, my kids pick out the tomatoes, but they love the rest of the dish.) We love this as a main dish, but it would also make a great side as well.
- pound of pasta (I like to use the rotini, aka corkscrew), cooked per package directions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (3/8 cup)
- grape tomatoes, halved (I throw in a pack)
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning (or ½ cup fresh herbs)
- salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Optional add-ins: chopped red onion, kalamata olives, whatever strikes your fancy really.
Add all ingredients to hot pasta, and blend to combine. The cheese will melt a bit and mix with the olive oil and seasonings to create a nice dressing.