We just threw this sauce together tonight for a pasta dinner. My boys loved it. Normally I’m pretty good with measuring quantities of spices, but this time we did just add a little of this and a little of that. So add your spices to taste and enjoy!
- 5 – 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine (Whatever is on hand, I used a red blend)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- ½ to 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- black olives, chopped – to taste (I used about ½ of a can)
Heat large (deep) skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO, garlic, and onion, cook until onion is soft – about five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally. Serve over your favorite pasta.